Seeds of Metro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RemaRin
RemaRin
Admin
https://seedsofmetro.forumotion.com

Electric Sheep.blog Empty Electric Sheep.blog

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:38 pm
electricsheep.blog
4/27/80

15:03 - MissKyran: Hello

15:04 - PotentialRabbit: uhh, hi

15:04 - MissKyran: Nervous?

15:05 - PotentialRabbit: not really, just not really sure where to start or what tos ay.

15:05 - PotentialRabbit: *to say* sorry

15:07 - MissKyran - Don't worry. If I can't understand what you're saying, or don't think my readers can, then I'll say so. So let's start there. Do I have your consent to post our conversation on my blog, with the caveat that you may request it be taken down at any time?

15:10 - PotentialRabbit: uhhm, i'm not sure. i guess that kind of depends on how this goes?

15:11 - MissKyran: I'll ask again when we're done, then. So, what seems to be the problem?

15:13 - PotentialRabbit: well, you see, i'm graduating high school next month. yeah, i know, its a big deal since theres like three still functioning in metro and if your in one you have like a fasttrack to makishka workforce or something. but thats not why i asked about you. you see, my friends have all been getting spliced and synthed to celebrate and they've been trying to get me to get something done tyoo...

15:14 - MissKyran: Do you want to?

15:15 - PotentialRabbit: i dont know, thats the problem. theres something about it that scares me. but all my freinds are doing it and i'm worried theyll think i'm weird or soemthing.

15:16 - MissKyran: Well, in the last ten years body augmentation has become a major phenomenon, especially among younger individuals. I could see why, when so many are getting it as a part of their normal lives, you'd be worried about being seen as different when you're uncertain of it. Why are you scared of augmentation?

15:19 - PotentialRabbit: not really sure. i guess it scares me because it would make me less human?

15:21 - MissKyran: What if I told you I'd received a large amount of splice myself years ago?

15:21 - PotentialRabbit: oh, im so sorry, i didnt mean to apply that to you! or anyone else!

15:23 - MissKyran: Hahaha, don't worry about it. I got it when splicing wasn't necessarily commonplace, so I got more than my fair share of strange looks. I don't take any offense in it because I had my reasons. You see, I got it when I worked in construction in Metro's early days, to help me on the job. I came from some money but didn't have the physique to work the pipelaying or steelwork, so I got splice in my arms and legs to help give me an edge. It's not the same as getting it for appearance's sake, but I think I can put your worries at peace.

15:25 - PotentialRabbit: whys that?

15:26 - MissKyran: Because I can tell your firsthand that it doesn't make you less human, although that's a fair worry. You see, in my opinion, being human doesn't have as much to do with your body as it does your mind and personality. I got my limbs redone to further something I was doing. All humans need goals, pursuits, ambitions. Without them, we don't function as well. That's simply a human facet. To me, I wasn't losing something that made me human. I was accentuating the human drive to succeed and thrive. Sorry, if you could give me a minute to get something to drink and continue this line of thought, that would be perfect.

15:27 - PotentialRabbit: sure

15:29 - MissKyran: Thank you. To continue what I was saying, the situations are different. You aren't looking for something that will necessarily help you succeed. But to me, your augmentation would be fulfilling another fully human characteristic. The pursuit of perfection of self. Is there something you don't like about your body?

15:30 - PotentialRabbit: dont get me started. but its the stuff like my hair and eyes that make me human with how i dont like them.

15:32 - MissKyran: I beg to differ. It is another facet of humanity that not liking something about ourselves causes us distress. Another is that we seek to eliminate, alleviate, or alter things that distress us. This ties back to me saying that it's not your body that makes you human, but your mind. These things, these fully human things, are part of what makes you one of us. Not your imperfect hair and eyes, but the way you react to them.

15:33 - PotentialRabbit: *nods*

15:35 - MissKyran: I have to say here that I'm not trying to push you to get an augmentation. I'm also not going to say you shouldn't, though. I'm simply altering the way your perceive yourself. The augmentations can come at a cost. The cost of my splice was money and ridicule from others. I was happy to shoulder those things, and these days feel proud of myself for it. But not everyone will feel this way. Do you think you would feel happy changing these things that you don't like about yourself, come whatever may?

15:38 - PotentialRabbit: i dont know. what if i dont like it after i get the augment? what if i still feel like i've lost something?

15:40 - MissKyran: Then you have several options. Seek more augments, to try and fix what you've done. Seek therapy, to try and find solace with what you've done. Or live with it.

15:41 - PotentialRabbit: do you think i would feel like that?

15:43 - MissKyran: I don't feel entirely comfortable answering that question, but no, no I don't. And if you do, I'll be here to talk about it. Do you have any other fears?

15:45 - PotentialRabbit: i'm coming out of highschool. i'm nothing but fears.

15:45 - MissKyran: Not entirely true. You have potential.

15:46 - PotentialRabbit: is that a reference to my username?

15:46 - MissKyran: [rabbitsmile.gif] No. I disagree with Sinclaire's practices, myself. But I understand the appeal of her pursuit of perfection. I just don't think she's seeking her own perfection of self, but the perfection of something far more.... plastic. But that's a discussion for another time. I'll send you my email and we can continue our discussions as your issues come up.

15:47 - PotentialRabbit: does that mean we're out of time?

15:48 - MissKyran: Not at all. I have another hour, but I think this can be wrapped up fairly easily. Do you plan on getting augmented now?

15:51 - PotentialRabbit: i'm still not sure, but i'm going to look at some catalogues. i dont know about synthing, but i might get my eyes and hair spliced and go from there.

15:52 - MissKyran: I'm glad I could help you find some answers, then.

15:52 - PotentialRabbit: thanks for talking to me

15:53 - MissKyran: It's been my pleasure. Now, to revisit my earlier question. Are you comfortable with me putting this on my blog?

15:55 - PotentialRabbit: yeah, yeah, i think i am.

15:56 - MissKyran: I'm glad to hear it.

15:57 - PotentialRabbit: thanks again. i'll talk to you some other time.

15:57 - MissKyran: Goodbye.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum